Documentary Producer, BBC Radio 4
Produced and edited short documentary ‘Palores: The Bird Of Cornwall’ about the Cornish chough, which won the Charles Parker Prize 2020 and was broadcast in full on BBC Radio 4. It was featured on ‘Pick of the Week’ and was praised for its sound design.
Early Breakfast Presenter, BBC Radio 1
New Year’s Eve 2019
Presented Early Breakfast on BBC Radio 1 on New Year’s Eve 2019 as part of the station’s showcase of new talent.
Creative Producer, A Million Ads
August 2019 – Present
Scripting, producing and editing personalised audio and video ads for many of the world’s biggest brands. Brainstorming and pitching ideas based on client briefs, writing scripts, editing and loading assets, casting voiceover artists, directing recording sessions and building positive relationships with internal and external team members to deliver campaigns on time and on budget.
Freelance Breakfast Producer, Heart Hertfordshire (Communicorp UK)
March 2018 – May 2019
Regularly cover-produced the breakfast show on Heart Hertfordshire. The role involved brainstorming new ideas to drive the show’s growth, producing and editing features for broadcast and social media, answering and archiving details of calls for phone-ins and competitions, managing social networks during the show, operating studio equipment / software, editing and loading breakfast promos, as well as contributing to breakfast show planning meetings.
Head Of Station Sound/Digital Content, Smoke Radio (University of Westminster)
October 2016 – August 2019
• Edited the Student Radio Awards ‘Best Student Station’ winning entries (Gold, 2019 and Silver 2018).
• Responsible for the most extensive audio and visual rebrand in Smoke’s history. My work won Silver at the Student Radio Awards 2018 in the ‘Best Branding’ category, and I was ‘Highly Commended’ for the ‘Committee Member of the Year’ at the ‘I Love Student Radio Awards’ 2018.
• Co-presented a breakfast show which won the ‘Best Entertainment Programme’ category at the Student Radio Awards three years running (Gold, 2019 and Silver, 2017/18) which led to presenting Early Breakfast on BBC Radio 1 as part of the station’s showcase of new talent.
Graphic Designer, University of Westminster Students’ Union
July 2018 – June 2019
Creating graphic design content for the University of Westminster Students’ Union.
Digital Content Producer, University of Westminster
September 2017 – July 2018
Creating student-focussed digital content for the university’s social media platforms, which had a combined following of approximately 160,000 people.
Street Team & Media Bus Crew, Pirate FM (Bauer)
December 2015 – September 2016
• Media Bus: Helped to run workshops at schools (for example making trails with students).
• Street Team: Member of the Street Team and acted as Assistant Producer on some outside broadcasts.
January 2016 – September 2016: Director
December 2015 – September 2016: Head of Online
April 2012 – January 2018: Drivetime & Evening Presenter
Station Manager, Cape Radio: I set up the student radio station in 2012 during my time at Cape Cornwall Secondary School. I trained and managed a team of 25 students in multiple roles such as presenting, news reading/journalism, and technical skills.
• Podcasts: Produce digital content for the Anti Social Social Media Podcast presented by Kiss FM’s Charlie Powell and Sam Darlaston. Presented & produced Radiocentre’s Radio Audio Week Podcast in May 2018. Also produced Two Happy Rulers, a weekly comedy podcast.
• Voice-over work: I have been doing commercial voice-over work online since 2014 through my website.
• Documentary: Produced, narrated and edited a number of documentaries for university and community radio including Pirates on the Prom: A Look Back and the Charles Parker Prize-winning Palores: The Bird of Cornwall.
• Audiobooks: Produced three audio CDs for actor and storyteller John Brolly.
Created multiple promotional videos for projects and radio stations. I am a YouTuber, my channel can be found here.
Familiar with Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Sony Vegas.
Produced video, audio and social media content for Arts Council funded project run by poet Sally Crabtree.
Charles Parker Prize (2020)
My documentary ‘Palores: The Bird of Cornwall‘ was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on 11th August 2020, and featured on ‘Pick Of The Week’.
Best Entertainment Programme (Gold: 2019, Silver: 2017 & 2018)
‘Thursday Breakfast with Gabriel & Joe’ won Best Entertainment Programme 3 years running at the Student Radio Awards.
Best Station Branding (Silver: 2018)
My work rebranding Smoke Radio won Silver at the Student Radio Awards 2018.
Best Student Station (Gold: 2019, Silver: 2018)
I produced the audio and documentation for the winning Student Radio Awards entries.
Committee Member of the Year (Highly Commended: 2018)
I Love Student Radio Awards