Early Breakfast Presenter, BBC Radio 1
New Year’s Eve 2019
Presented Early Breakfast on BBC Radio 1 on New Year’s Eve 2019 as part of the station’s showcase of new talent.
Assistant Creative Producer, A Million Ads
August 2019 – Present
Writing and producing dynamic programmatic audio and video ads from initial concept through to final production. My role combines technology with creativity to produce relevant and personalised digital ads.
Freelance Breakfast Producer, Heart Hertfordshire (Communicorp UK)
March 2018 – May 2019
I regularly covered producing the breakfast show presented by Daniel Fox on Heart Hertfordshire. The role involved brainstorming new ideas to drive the show’s growth, managing social networks during the show, and editing breakfast promos.
Head Of Digital Content, Smoke Radio (University of Westminster)
October 2016 – August 2019
• Edited the Student Radio Awards ‘Best Student Station’ winning entries (Gold, 2019 and Silver 2018).
• Responsible for the most extensive audio and visual rebrand in Smoke’s history. My work won Silver at the Student Radio Awards 2018 in the ‘Best Branding’ category, and I was ‘Highly Commended’ for the ‘Most Committed Committee Member’ category at the ‘I Love Student Radio Awards’ 2018.
• Co-presented a breakfast show which won the ‘Best Entertainment Programme’ category at the Student Radio Awards three years running (Gold, 2019 and Silver, 2017/18).
Student Design Contractor, University of Westminster Students’ Union
July 2018 – June 2019
Creating graphic design content for the University of Westminster Students’ Union.
Digital Student Ambassador, University of Westminster
September 2017 – July 2018
Creating digital content for the University of Westminster’s social media platforms.
Street Team & Media Bus Crew, Pirate FM (Bauer)
December 2015 – September 2016
Helped to run workshops at schools (for example making trails with students) and was a member of the street team.
January 2016 – September 2016: Director
December 2015 – September 2016: Head of Online
April 2012 – January 2018: Drivetime & Evening Presenter
Station Manager, Cape Radio: I set up the student radio station in 2012 during my time at Cape Cornwall Secondary School. I trained and managed a team of 25 students in multiple roles such as presenting, news reading/journalism, and technical skills.
• Podcasts: Produce digital content for the Anti Social Social Media Podcast presented by Kiss FM’s Charlie Powell and Sam Darlaston. Presented & produced Radiocentre’s Radio Audio Week Podcast in May 2018. Also produced Two Happy Rulers, a weekly comedy podcast.
• Voice-over work: I have been doing commercial voice-over work online since 2014 through my website.
• Documentary: Produced, narrated and edited a number of documentaries for university and community radio including Pirates on the Prom: A Look Back and the Charles Parker Prize-winning Palores: The Bird of Cornwall.
• Audiobooks: Produced three audio CDs for actor and storyteller John Brolly.
Created multiple promotional videos for projects and radio stations. I am a YouTuber, my channel can be found here.
Familiar with Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Sony Vegas.
Produced video, audio and social media content for Arts Council funded project run by poet Sally Crabtree.
Charles Parker Prize (2020)
My documentary ‘Palores: The Bird of Cornwall‘ was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on 11th August 2020, and featured on ‘Pick Of The Week’.
Best Entertainment Programme (Gold: 2019, Silver: 2017 & 2018)
‘Thursday Breakfast with Gabriel & Joe’ won Best Entertainment Programme 3 years running at the Student Radio Awards.
Best Station Branding (Silver: 2018)
My work rebranding Smoke Radio won Silver at the Student Radio Awards 2018.
Best Student Station (Gold: 2019, Silver: 2018)
I produced the audio and documentation for the winning Student Radio Awards entries.
Committee Member of the Year (Highly Commended: 2018)
I Love Student Radio Awards